Our Choice Recommendation
- [2-way use & Amazing Aurora Light Show]- It is a little night light with dome cover on, a galaxy aurora projector...
- [8 Light Projection Modes]- Red, blue, green, and multicolor, choose what you want depend on your mood.45 degree...
- [Automatically Shut Off ]- Auto Shut Off After 1 hour, you can go to sleep with it and it will shut down on it's...
- Sleeping aids are useful when it’s time to put babies to bed
- These are soothers like white noise machines and night lights
- In this article, we review 9 awesome sleeping aids for infants
- Plus, a few more things you can do to help babies sleep better
Do you need something to help your child sleep at night?
Have you considered a sleep aid?
What are sleeping aids for infants?
Baby-safe sleeping aids may be white noise machines, swaddles or blankets, or nightlights with projection options built in. These are all good solutions that help children feel soothed and safe when bedtime rolls around.
Check out our list of products below to help you find the right sleeping aid for your little one.
Option #1. SwaddleMe 3 Piece Original Swaddle
The SwaddleMe 3 Piece Original Swaddle wraps your infant up tight and helps keep him or her safe and secure all night long. This option features a simple hook-and-eye attachment style that you can operate easily but babies can’t get out of.
- This offer is adjustable as needed for infants.
- This swaddle features a harness strap option for swaddling in carseats.
- These options may shrink easily in the wash.
- Babies may grow out of this swaddle fairly quickly, so it may be a pricey investment because of that.
Option #2. HALO SleepSack
With the HALO SleepSack , you can swaddle your baby in comfort and provide a soothing night’s sleep in no time. This choice can be used in three different ways and allows easy access to your baby for diaper changes without having to remove the entire swaddle, too.
- This cute product comes in 36 different colors and three different sizes.
- The fabric is slightly stretchy to make it easier to swaddle tightly.
- The fabric has been known to fray out over time with regular washing.
- The zipper may be in the way for some babies.
Option #3. Miracle Blanket Swaddle
Choose the Miracle Blanket Swaddle to help your child get a good night’s sleep soon. This option is made of 100% cotton and functions without any Velcro that could potentially scratch your little one. Wrap up your child quickly and easily in this simple-to-use swaddle.
- This offer functions very well and keeps your baby secure without any risk of him or her getting out of the swaddle.
- Many customers have had a high success rate with babies sleeping in this swaddle.
- Some customers feel that this option is too expensive for its simpler designs and fabric.
- This choice has a few more swaddling steps involved than some other listed here.
Option #4. Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother
Soothe your baby to sleep with the Project Nursery Portable Sound Soother . This option features an adjustable timer that you can set to either 15, 30, or 45 minutes, or you can simply leave this option on all night and let it keep your child sleeping peacefully.
- This offer features two different songs and four different white noise functions for your little one to enjoy.
- This choice can be clipped easily onto the crib and features buttons that are easy for parents to see in the dark.
- This soother operates on AAA batteries, which will be an added expense for its use.
- Some customers have had trouble with this offer operating at full volume every time they turn it on.
Option #5. Cloud B Sleep Sheep
When you want to give your child a sleeping “companion” as well as a soothing sound machine, check out this Cloud B Sleep Sheep . This option features a sound box that nestles inside the plush toy to provide lots of gentle sounds for your child to sleep to.
- You can machine wash the plush by taking the sound box out first.
- This offer features a built-in timer.
- The quality of the sounds may not be as good as some of the other options listed here.
- The sheep fastens with Velcro which may be too noisy.
Option #6. Sound Bub White Noise Machine
The Sound Bub White Noise Machine is a cute way to give your child a soothing sound to listen to all night long. This choice functions as either a white noise player or a Bluetooth speaker depending on your needs.
- This option comes in three different cute animal options.
- You can download up to 12 additional sounds from the free app that comes with this offer.
- The Bluetooth doesn’t connect well with every phone.
- Babies may be able to hit the play button on this choice on their own.
Option #7. GoLine Kids Room Lamp
Provide lots of gentle lighting with the GoLine Kids Room Lamp . This is a cute and colorful lamp that’s perfect for use in just about any nursery or child’s bedroom setting and is sure to become a favorite addition in no time.
- This offer has three different fun styles to pick from.
- This choice offers stimulating colored lights that soothe children gently.
- The lights cannot be set to one solid color and must cycle through six colors in a pulsing fashion.
- You have to tap this option to turn it on and off.
Option #8. LumiPets Cute Animal Night Light
The LumiPets Cute Animal Night Light provides gentle light for your child all night long. This option runs on LED batteries so it never gets too hot, and it can be purchased with or without a remote to control the lighting.
- You can choose between three different animals for your child.
- The remote option is easy to use from a distance without waking your child.
- This offer requires batteries to operate.
- The option without a remote must be tapped to cycle through the different color options.
Option #9. SOAIY Sleep Soother
Give your child lots to look at throughout the night with the SOAIY Sleep Soother . This choice can be used as either a dim nightlight or a brighter light show to provide your child with sensory stimulation when he or she wakes up throughout the night. This useful item features eight different light modes to suit your little one’s needs.
- There is a built-in speaker with this light to allow you to play music or white noise as needed too.
- It’s easy to convert this choice between the night light and projector options.
- Some customers have reported this offer arriving not functioning, although the company will help if this happens to you.
- This option features an auto shut-off that doesn’t work for every child.
Use The Best Safe Sleep Products For Babies Today
Aside from the great products listed above, here are a few things you can do to help your baby get ready for bedtime and sleep better at night:
- Establish a bedtime routine. Children are much more likely to get into good sleeping habits when they have a routine at bedtime.
- Read a bedtime story. A favorite bedtime story can help your little one get sleepy and feel soothed.
- Sing a favorite song. Songs work much like stories to help your child prepare for bedtime.
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be well on your way to more restful nights with your little one in no time!
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Infant Sleep Products
- Look for products that are made from natural materials, such as organic cotton or bamboo.
- Choose products that are designed to be breathable and comfortable for your baby.
- Make sure the product is easy to clean and maintain.
- Check reviews from other parents who have used the product before you buy it.
- Consider investing in a product that can grow with your baby, such as a convertible crib or bassinet.
ALSO: Consider using a sleep tracker app to monitor your baby's sleep patterns and ensure they are getting enough rest!
Helpful Information For Readers
There are a few important factors to think about with regard to these child sleep solutions. The safety of everyone involved should come first and foremost. Choose items that have undergone testing and certification from an impartial third-party agency like the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). Look for things that were made with your baby's comfort in mind as well. Your child can benefit from cozy fabrics, breathable materials, and adjustable features to help them obtain a good night's sleep. Finally, while choosing a product, consider convenience. It is simple to transport your baby's sleeping area wherever you go thanks to portable designs. Parents can have peace of mind knowing their child is secure and comfortable while they get some much-needed rest with the proper product in place!
Usage Ideas: How Should I Be Using Them?
There are three main applications for these goods. They can first assist in setting up a cozy and secure sleeping space for your infant. This includes furniture meant to keep your baby snug and secure while they sleep, such as cribs, bassinets, and sleep sacks. Second, by giving your baby a secure sleeping posture, they can also aid in lowering the risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). This includes accessories like swaddles and sleep positioners that are made to hold your baby in the ideal sleeping position. Finally, by offering a regular routine that will help your baby fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer, these products can also help establish improved sleep habits in them. This includes objects like white noise machines, night lights, and sound machines that are made to soothe the environment and lull your infant into a sound sleep. With all these characteristics combined, it's simple to understand why these items continue to be well-liked among parents trying to find the greatest options for their children.
The Cons: What To Expect
There are a few disadvantages to take into account despite the many advantages of these products. First off, these goods can be pricey and might not be within everyone's means. Furthermore, they might not always be as efficient as claimed. For instance, some parents discover that particular sound machines or white noise apps don't work well with their infants. Before purchasing any goods, it is crucial to conduct research in order to overcome these drawbacks. Look for parent evaluations of the product and educate yourself on any possible safety issues. Additionally, test out various items until you find one that best suits your baby's need. Before making a purchase, if at all possible, borrow products from friends or family members to allow you to test them out without spending too much money.
What Criteria Should Be Applied When Assessing Them?
Safety, comfort, convenience, and cost are the most crucial quantitative factors to consider while assessing these calming items. Any baby product must be safe, so search for certificates from reputable agencies like ASTM International or the JPMA that confirm the item satisfies requirements. The importance of comfort cannot be overstated. Look for soft, breathable materials as well as adjustable elements like straps or buckles that may be changed as your child develops. Choosing products with features like machine-washable fabrics or foldable designs that make them simple to store and carry is vital because convenience is also a factor. Last but not least, price should be taken into account; compare costs amongst various brands to discover the best value.
Using It First Hand: What To Expect
These items may be an excellent method to assist your child in getting the rest they require. There are several solutions that can make bedtime simpler and more comfortable for both parents and babies, from white noise machines to weighted blankets. White noise machines are particularly useful for calming down infants because the machine's sound helps to drown out other noises that could otherwise wake them up. A baby's body is gently pressured by weighted blankets, which might make them feel safe and at ease while they sleep. Additionally, some items have features that allow you to regulate the temperature, so you can make sure your kid is comfortable all night long. You can anticipate increased sleep for your baby and mental tranquility with these goods.
The typical procedures for employing these kinds of items are as follows: Make sure the item is first appropriate for your baby's age and size. Before using anything, carefully read the directions. Third, place the item in a secure location far from any potential dangers. Fourth, change the settings as necessary to guarantee your baby's security and comfort. Fifth, do routine checks to ensure that all connections are strong and that no components are loose or broken. Finally, savor watching your child fall asleep peacefully. You may utilize a baby sleep aid to help your child get the rest they require by keeping these easy steps in mind.
Last update on 2022-10-27 at 04:53 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.